Hi there, you have arrived at the home page of Theodore Gray, author of The Elements, A Visual Exploration (and several other books you should read), Founder of Touch Press (an App publishing company), stitchcoder at PaleGray Labs (an embroidery automation company / art project), and co-founder of Wolfram Research, Inc (makers of Mathematica and Wolfram|Alpha).
I wear four professional hats, and there are links below to the websites that represent each of them. But since I try to keep them all aligned with each other, there is only one blog to cover all of them, and since, despite my best efforts, I have to live life in a single thread, there is also just one news section.
News & Upcoming Events
My new book, Molecules: The Elements and the Architecture of Everything, will be in bookstores on October 7, 2014! It's the sequel to The Elements: A Visual Exploration.
I'll be doing several talks this fall around the release of Molecules. Some of these are public events, others are at conferences that require some kind of registration. Further details will be added as they become available. Scheduled so far are:
- October 14th at Noon in Portland, OR, a talk for Portland-based chemical engineers.
- October 14th at 7PM in Portland, OR, Science on Tap at the Albert Rose Theater.
- October 15th at Noon in San Francisco and on NPR, The Commonwealth Club.
- October 16th at 7:30PM in Seattle, WA, Town Hall Seattle.
- October 18th at 11:15AM in Madison, WI, at the Wisconsin Science Festival
- October 23rd in Champaign, Illinois, the Wolfram Technology Conference
- An event at the Bay Area Science Festival Oct 23 - Nov 1, exact time to be announced
Other Theo Grays
If you're looking for the Theo Gray who is a web designer in the UK, go to theogray.com. If you're looking for one of the other Theo/Theodore Grays in the world, try a Facebook search for everyone named Theo Gray. If you find the one who keeps getting arrested for petty theft, please tell him to stop, it messes up my google news feed. Oh, and if you're the one who's in trouble for shady lobster fishing, WTF?