Hi there, you have arrived at the home page of Theodore Gray, author of The Elements, A Visual Exploration (and several other books you should read), Founder of Touchpress (an App publishing company), stitchcoder at PaleGray Labs (an embroidery automation company / art project), and co-founder of Wolfram Research, Inc (makers of Mathematica and Wolfram|Alpha).
I wear four professional hats, and there are links below to the websites that represent each of them. But since I try to keep them all aligned with each other, there is only one blog to cover all of them, and since, despite my best efforts, I have to live life in a single thread, there is also just one news section.
News & Upcoming Events
My new book, Molecules: The Elements and the Architecture of Everything, will be in bookstores on October 14, 2014! It's the sequel to The Elements: A Visual Exploration. The schedule of publications in various languages is as follows:
English and French
Spanish (Latin America, Mexico)
I'll be doing several talks this fall around the release of Molecules. Some of these are public events, others are at conferences that require some kind of registration. Further details will be added as they become available. Scheduled so far are:
- October 14th at 7PM in Portland, OR: Science on Tap at the Alberta Rose Theatre.
- October 15th at 11:30AM in Portland, OR: A talk for Portland-based chemical engineers.
- October 16th at 7:30PM in Seattle, WA: Town Hall Seattle.
- October 18th at 11:15AM in Madison, WI: A talk at the Wisconsin Science Festival
- October 23rd in Champaign, IL: A talk at the Wolfram Technology Conference
- October 29th at 7PM in Petaluma, CA: A private event hosted by Copperfield’s Books (but not located there). Signed books will be available for purchase.
- October 31 at 1:30pm in Mountain View, CA: A talk for Google employees
- Event at the Bay Area Science Festival Oct 23 - Nov 1, exact times to be announced
Other Theo Grays
If you're looking for the Theo Gray who is a web designer in the UK, go to theogray.com. If you're looking for one of the other Theo/Theodore Grays in the world, try a Facebook search for everyone named Theo Gray. If you find the one who keeps getting arrested for petty theft, please tell him to stop, it messes up my google news feed. Oh, and if you're the one who's in trouble for shady lobster fishing, WTF?